Our mission is to connect professional women to allow them to be more productive and successful. Our platform is designed to enabling you and other to meet, exchange ideas, learn, and make decisions in a network of trusted relationships.
3. Rights and Limits
4. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
6. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
7. General Terms
8. "Dos and Don'ts"
9. Complaints Regarding Content
10.How To Contact Us
You agree that by clicking "Sign Up" or similar, registering, accessing or using our platform (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with ElevatHer (even if you are using our Platform on behalf of a company). If you do not agree to this contract ("Contract" or "User Agreement"), do not click "Sign up" (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Platform. If you wish to terminate this contract, at any time you can do so by closing your account and no longer accessing or using our Platform.
This Contract applies to ElevatHer site, app, communications and other platform that state that they are offered under this Contract ("Platform"), including the offsite collection of data for those Platform, such as our ads and the "Apply with ElevatHer" and "Share with ElevatHer" plugins. Registered users of our Platform are "Members" and unregistered users are "non - members". This Contract applies to both.
You are entering into this Contract with ElevatHer (also referred to as "we" and "us").
This Contract applies to Members and Non members.
When you register and join the ElevatHer Service or become a registered, you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Platform, you may access certain features as a "non- member."
We may make changes to the Contract.
Here are some promises that you make to us in this Contract:
You're eligible to enter into this Contract and you are at least our "Minimum Age."
The Platform are not for use by anyone under the age of 18.
To use the Platform, you agree that: (1) you must be the "Minimum Age"Members who were below this new Minimum Age when they started using the Platform under a previous User Agreement which had allowed certain persons under 18 to use the Platform, may continue to use the Platform." (described below) or older; (2) you will only have one ElevatHer account , which must be in your real name; and (3) you are not already restricted by ElevatHer from using the Platform. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 18.
You will keep your password a secret.
You will not share an account with anyone else and will follow our rules and the law.
Members are account holders. You agree to: (1) try to choose a strong and secure password; (2) keep your password secure and confidential; (3) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections) and (4) follow the law and our list of Dos and Don'ts and Professional Community Policies. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
As between you and others (including your employer), your account belongs to you. However, if the Platform were purchased by another party for you to use, the party paying for such Service has the right to control access to and get reports on your use of such paid Service; however, they do not have rights to your personal account.
You're okay with us providing notices and messages to you through our website, app, and contact information. If your contact information is out of date, you may miss out on important notices.
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
Our Platform allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile and direct messaging. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members and non members. Where we have made settings available, we will honour the choices you make about who can see content or information (e.g., message content to your addressees, sharing content only to ElevatHer connections, restricting your profile visibility from search engines, or opting not to notify others of your ElevatHer profile update).
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
You own all of the content, feedback, and personal information you provide to us, but you also grant us a non-exclusive license to it.
We'll honour the choices you make about who gets to see your information and content.
As between you and ElevatHer, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Platform, and you are only granting ElevatHer the below.
A worldwide, transferable and sub licensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Platform and the platform of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
1. You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Platform, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
2. We will get your consent if we want to give others the right to publish your content beyond the Platform. However, if you choose to share your post as "publicIncluding any "Public +" we will enable a feature that allows other Members to embed that public post onto third-party platform, and we enable search engines to make that public content findable though their platform.
3. While we may edit and make format changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
4. Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Platform to ElevatHer, you agree that ElevatHer can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and that your ElevatHer profile will be truthful.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone's rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. ElevatHer may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
We may change, suspend or end any Service, or change and modify prices prospectively in our discretion. To the extent allowed under law, these changes may be effective upon notice provided to you.
We may change or discontinue any of our Platform. We don't promise to store or keep showing any information and content that you've posted.
Your use of others' content and information posted on our Platform, is at your own risk.
Others may offer their own products and platform through our Platform, and we aren't responsible for those third-party activities.
By using the Platform, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. ElevatHer generally does not review content provided by our Members or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others' (including other Members') content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our Platform, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse. You also acknowledge the risk that you or your organization may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we let connections and followers know you or your organization were mentioned in the news. Members have choices about this feature.
We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Platform.
ElevatHer reserves the right to limit your use of the Platform, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other Members. ElevatHer reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if ElevatHer believes that you may be in breach of this Contract or law or are misusing the Platform (e.g., violating any of the Dos and Don'ts or Professional Community Policies).
We're providing you notice about our intellectual property rights.
ElevatHer reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Platform. Using the Platform does not give you any ownership in our Platform or the content or information made available through our Platform. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Platform are the trademarks of their respective owners. ElevatHer logo and trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used for our Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of ElevatHer.
We use data and information about you to make relevant suggestions to you and others.
We will use the information and data that you provide and that we have about Members to make recommendations for connections, content and features that may be useful to you. Keeping your profile accurate and up-to-date helps us to make these recommendations more accurate and relevant.
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Platform.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER LAW, ELEVATHER (AND THOSE THAT ELEVATHER WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE PLATFORM) (A) DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (E.G. WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT); (B) DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE PLATFORM WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS, AND (C) PROVIDE THE SERVICE (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THESE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Your access to and use of the Services or any Content are at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Services are provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Without limiting the foregoing, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, THE ELEVATHER ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. The ElevatHer Entities make no warranty or representation and disclaim all responsibility and liability for: (i) the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Services or any Content; (ii) any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services or any Content; (iii) the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services; and (iv) whether the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from the ElevatHer Entities or through the Services, will create any warranty or representation not expressly made herein.
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW (AND UNLESS ELEVATHER HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT OVERRIDES THIS CONTRACT), ELEVATHER (AND THOSE THAT ELEVATHER WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE PLATFORM) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE PLATFORM (E.G. OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS, DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT).
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PART OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND ELEVATHER AND SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY (E.G. WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, LAW) AND EVEN IF ELEVATHER OR ITS AFFILIATES HAS BEEN TOLD OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF THESE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THESE LIMITS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We can each end this Contract anytime we want.
Both you and ElevatHer may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Platform. The following shall survive termination:
1. Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
2. Members and/or non-members rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination;
3. Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, ElevatHer and you agree to resolve it the UK court.
Here are some important details about the Contract.
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract.
To the extent allowed by law, the English language version of this Contract is binding and other translations are for convenience only. This Contract (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Platform) is the only agreement between us regarding the Platform and supersedes all prior agreements for the Platform.
If we don't act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that ElevatHer has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or your membership or use of Platform) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that ElevatHer may assign this Contract to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.
ElevatHer is a community of professionals. This list of "Dos and Don'ts" limit what you can and cannot do on our Platform.
You agree that you will:
1. Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
2. Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
3. Use your real name on your profile; and
4. Use the Platform in a professional manner.
You agree that you will not:
1. Create a false identity on ElevatHer, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another's account;
2. Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology) to scrape the Platform or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Platform;
3. Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views);
4. Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Platform, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of ElevatHer;
5. Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
6. Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license;
7. Violate the intellectual property or other rights of ElevatHer, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our learning videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word "ElevatHer" or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as provided in the Brand Guidelines;
8. Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
9. Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Platform or any related technology that is not open source;
10. Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by ElevatHer without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited ElevatHer trainer)
11. Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Platform or related data or access to the same, without ElevatHer consent;
12. Deep-link to our Platform for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on our Platform, without ElevatHer consent;
13. Use bots or other automated methods to access the Platform, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
14. Monitor the Platform's availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
15. Engage in "framing," "mirroring," or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Platform;
16. Overlay or otherwise modify the Platform or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Platform or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Platform);
17. Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Platform (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
Contact information for complaint about content provided by our Members.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. We provide a policy and process for complaints concerning content posted by our Members.
To get in touch please email General@elevather.com